Although it’s disappointing to see that it has taken so long for the Infuse 4G users to get a taste of Gingerbread, virtually half a year after the announcement of Ice Cream Sandwich, some update is better than no update, right?
So, if you haven’t put a custom ROM yet, fire up Samsung Kies Mini on your PCs, and move up to software version UCLB3. What’s in it for you? As Android Central lists, the upgrade brings to you:
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.
For some reason AT&T suggests you take a backup of all your data, as the upgrade causes a hard reset (though some claim it didn’t).
[via Android Central]
- Samsung, AT&T halt Gingerbread update fo
- Samsung Infuse 4G finally receives its update
- Samsung Infuse 4G Receives Maintenance Update
- AT&T: Samsung Infuse 4G Will Receive Gin
TAGS: Samsung Infuse 4G