Best Buy sent out an internal memo to their employees yesterday, notifying them that scheduled Android 4.0 update for the Motorola DROID RAZR and Droid Razr Maxx had been indefinitely “delayed.” We suspect they may have gotten ahead of themselves, expecting ICS instead of another bug fixing update, the same one we told you about yesterday. Don’t worry too much, I’d be willing to bet the next update will finally be the fabled upgrade to Android 4.0 and Motorola is simply tidying up things before rolling it out.
But we do have some good news for HTC Rezound users. Best Buy also mention in their email that the Beats rockin,’ HD totin’ device was on schedule to receive its portion of Ice Cream Sandwich tomorrow, April 6th. Given Best Buy’s track record, we’re hesitant to take that with anything more than a grain of salt. It’s only the fact that we’re talking about an HTC device here that we’re more inclined to believe this date. Guess we’ll find out soon enough!
- HTC Rezound and DROID Incredible 2 due “
- HTC Rezound now $80 at Verizon [Deal Alert]
- Rogers pushing out ICS updates to the Moto Ra
- European RAZR and RAZR MAXX owners now receiv
- Check out the HTC Rezound forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.