Back when Samsung broke the bad-news that the OG Samsung Galaxy S wouldn’t being seeing any taste of Ice Cream Sandwich they did mention that the device would be seeing door-prize of sorts in the form of an update they called a “Value Pack.” This update is now officially ready for Korean Galaxy S users to download and update via Kies. Samsung announced the availability of the update via their official blog page for both Froyo and Gingerbread running Galaxy S’s.
The Value Pack’s most notable features are the ability for users to use ICS-like features such as Face Unlock, snap pics while recording video and launcher improvements. Still no word on when this will be available for users in the US by it will have to go through our carriers rigorous testing process before it can be pushed out over-the-air.
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Samsung’s Galaxy S line surpasses 100 m
- Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S3 get CyanogenMod 1
- Coverlight aims to add LED flash to devices w
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S