When it comes to lawsuits we now expect a company like Apple to pursue endless legal action to stay ahead of competitors, but surely a toy company like Hasbro would be a little more lighthearted. Right? Wrong. The maker behind the ever-popular Transformers line has been taking ASUS to task after the tablet manufacturer chose a name that doesn’t stride too far from Autobot leader Optimus Prime’s. But the Transformer Prime has been spared the rage of a thousand transforming vehicles as a US court has rejected Hasbro’s request to preliminarily ban ASUS from using the name.
The judge presiding over the case decided that few folks were likely to mistake the tablet for a Hasbro product. Hasbro wasn’t so happy with the court’s decision and plans to keep on fighting their fight all the way to trial.
- ASUS said to be working up Android 4.2 update
- Transformer Prime Jelly Bean update now avail
- ASUS Transformer Prime gets port of Open WebO
- Jelly Bean now arriving for ASUS Transformer
- Check out the ASUS Transformer Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Asus Transformer Prime