Earlier today we learned that the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket LTE for AT&T had it’s official build of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich leaked and now here we are, later on in the night, and the OG GSII on AT&T is getting the ICS treatment as well.
A semi-official build, straight from Samsung was leaked for the device and our friends at RootzWiki were able to get ahold of the system image where it can be flashed using Odin. Users are reporting that pretty much everything is working without hiccup, so we’re looking at a near-release build of Android 4.0 (with TouchWiz) for the Galaxy S II.
Installation is a fairly easy process but as Dima in our comments points out, this will mess with your bootloader. That being said, unless you have experience in these matters, it may be better off to wait until the device officially receives its update via Samsung/AT&T.
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II