After a handful of Galaxy S III rumors over the weekend… it’s time for yet another one. Like all rumors, take this as a grain of salt. According to the Korean site DDaily, they have it on good authority that Samsung’s “secret weapon” in their upcoming Galaxy S III is that the device will come standard with wireless charging capabilities out of the box. If that doesn’t sound too killer just wait.
Unlike current wireless charging solutions which must have a capable device almost touching the surface of the charging pad, Samsung’s proprietary patented offering will allow for wireless charging anywhere from 1 to 2 meters away from the base. Now, that would be something.
It’s kind of strange how we haven’t seen a more widespread adoption of the wireless charging standard, but once Samsung makes the jump, I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing it on more devices in the future. What do you guys think? Would wireless charging on the Galaxy S III make the device even more desirable?
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- 14 Galaxies to get KitKat
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S III forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.