Sensing the Carrier IQ mess is sufficiently in the past, Verizon acknowledged in the changelog for the LG Revolution that it will be adding a remote diagnostic tool to the phone.
However, a significant difference of this tool from Carrier IQ is that Verizon only retrieves data when the user explicitly gives permission to a customer care representative while requesting help. Once the rep has the permission he/she can “remotely view the user’s device for troubleshooting and application demonstrations.”
Whether or not this tool finds its way to other Verizon devices is something we’ll only get to know about in the future.
The other changes coming to the LG Revolution are:
- Resolved reboot issue found during operating system upgrade from Froyo
- to Gingerbread.
- Playing AVI video files through HDMI no longer causes display to flicker.
- Placing an alarm on snooze while on a voice call will set snooze to 5 minutes.
- Dolby presets have been updated to use loudness, bass and spaciousness
- to improve the user’s experience.
- When placing the device into Airplane Mode, the 4G icon no longer appears.
- Email, Messaging & Web
- Sending a text message to a 7 digit number will display as sent and received.
- Improved device messaging to fix delays or incomplete sends.
- Pressing the back key while browsing will take the user back to the previous page.
Applications & Widgets
- Verizon Video is now preloaded.
- Calendar widget now displays correct month for November.
- HTC One M8 gets Lollipop
- Motorola Valentine's Day deal
- Android Deals: January 27th, 2015
- Video: Snapchat's big update
- Check out the LG Revolution forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Revolution