The T-Mobile Sidekick will always hold a special place in my heart. I’d even go as far as to call its early days on this earth as a precursor to what we now know as the Android OS. Well, like all good things, the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G has reached its end-of-life today, and it’s time for the device to be officially retired.
But it’s not all bad new for T-Mobile’s QWERTY lovers. In a statement to The Verge, T-Mobile mentioned that just because this device has reached the end of the road, the Sidekick brand will live on.
While the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G is being retired, it doesn’t mean we are discontinuing the T-Mobile Sidekick line. T-Mobile continues to update and expand its 4G product portfolio and we’ll keep you posted when we have news to share on T-Mobile’s latest 4G devices.
I’ll be crossing my fingers for a newer, more higher-end Sidekick in T-Mobile’s future. If you think about it, you can almost count all the Android QWERTY devices on one hand. As they say, all slates and no keyboards makes Andy a dull boy.
- So long, Sidekick 4G (and hope for a replacem
- T-Mobile Goes Through the Evolution of SideKi
- T-Mobile discontinues Android-powered Sidekic
- Google Releases Top Searches for 2011 –
- Check out the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile SideKick 4G