It wasn’t too long ago that HTC clued us in on their plans to bring Android 4.0 to their devices, starting with their Sensations like the 4G and Sensation XL although, no specific time-frame was given. Well, today, according to HTC’s blog post, it looks like Ice Cream Sandwich is all set to rollout for those handsets and is currently in the “early stages” of deployment for a few others like the Sensation and Sensation XE who should see something in the next few weeks.
So what about the rest of HTC’s lineup? Well, here’s a list of 16 additional devices confirmed to receive Android 4.0 soon:
- DROID Incredible 2 by HTC
- HTC Amaze 4G
- HTC Desire S
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC EVO 3D
- HTC EVO Design 4G
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Sensation XL
- HTC Sensation 4G
- HTC Sensation XE
- HTC Raider
- HTC Rezound
- HTC Rhyme
- HTC Thunderbolt
- HTC Vivid
HTC also mentioned that once they start pumping out updates, it could take some time before carriers in every country will receive it and even though they’re working closely with their carrier partners to “nail down and update schedule,” these updates will need to go through the usual (sometimes slow) screening process before they hit your device.
It will be interesting to see which carrier will be first to update their HTC devices to Android 4.0 and if this will beat out the release of the HTC One X and One S. Sprint? T-Mo? …Verizon?
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the HTC Sensation forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Sensation 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.