Yesterday, the pool of Galaxy S II owners got all excited when it appeared that Samsung announced the update to Ice Cream Sandwich would be coming to unlocked, unbranded versions on March 10th. It was posted on their website, or at least the Filipino version of their site, looking as official as ever, and even Samsung’s Twitter account corroborated.
Unfortunately, Samsung has said that it was all a big mistake. Yep, simple as that. They haven’t announced a date and it certainly won’t be March 10th. So there it is. We have no doubt that it is at least close to ready with all of the leaks that have made their way to the forefront, but it’s not quite as ready as we’d hoped it was. Clear your schedule for the weekend, folks. [Thanks Han!]
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 get Jell
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will reportedly
- AOKP Android 4.2 Build 3 update brings suppor
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2