It’s tough to hear a device confirmed to be getting the latest versions of Android sometimes. While the news itself is usually great, the wait is usually unbearable. Samsung Galaxy S II users, specifically the international GT-I9100 version, will be able to tell their children and their children’s children a different tale, though.
The update for you guys has not only been announced, but it will be here on March 10th – good timing for those of you who want to play around with all the new features to be had over the weekend.
Unfortunately, those of you on carrier-branded and provided versions will have to wait a tad long – us USA folks know what that’s all about. But we at least know that the carriers should soon be able to provide the upgrade to their customers, testing pending.
For those of you with the unlocked international version, be on the lookout for the upgrade over Kies 2.0 this Saturday. Be sure to check out Samsung’s upgrade FAQ for more details. [Samsung via Engadget]
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 get Jell
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will reportedly
- AOKP Android 4.2 Build 3 update brings suppor
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2