The Google Play Store is rolling out to Android devices as we speak, erasing any memory of a destination once known as the Android Market. The apps, games, movies, and music all stay the same, but we’re now dealing with a new name and slightly new look (love it or hate it). If your getting impatient waiting for the transition to occur on your smartphone or tablet, try this quick and easy process to force the update:
- Install or update to the latest version of Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Market and hit “Clear data”
- Open Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music
- Tap the Play Store icon and accept new terms of service
- Welcome to the Google Play Store
The trick should work on most devices running Android 2.2 or above. If it doesn’t, try again and see if you can force the update. If it still doesn’t work, you might just be waiting until Google gets around to pushing it on their own.
[via Android and Me]