Verizon knows the die-hard Android fans out there can’t wait to get their hands on Android 4.0. They aren’t spilling the beans on when to expect Ice Cream Sandwich updates to start rolling out, but they are doing the next best thing by releasing a list of devices confirmed to receive the latest version of Android. For a few devices the update was already announced by the manufacturer, but Verizon’s confirmation should quiet anyone trying to sniff out a conspiracy.
Most of the handsets and tablets were released in the past year and a few big names miss the cut. The Motorola Droid X2 and Droid 3 as well as the original HTC Droid Incredible (though expecting ICS for this one was a stretch to begin with) are left out. Verizon seems to be focusing mostly on devices with a 4G LTE radio built in. Here is the full list:
- HTC ThunderBolt
- DROID Incredible 2 by HTC
- HTC Rhyme
- HTC Rezound
- Motorola XOOM
- DROID BIONIC
- DROID RAZR
- DROID RAZR MAXX
- DROID 4
- DROID XYBOARD 8.2
- DROID XYBOARD 10.1
- Spectrum by LG
- Field Wallpaper
- Moto G 2nd Gen gets Lollipop (again)
- Spotify playback no longer interrupted by aud
- HTC One M9 exposed in test photo
- Check out the HTC Thunderbolt forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola XOOM forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.