AT&T have announced that they are now offering Dr. Dre Beatbox for $400. It’s an accessory which is definitely aimed to challenge Jawbone’s JAMBOX. Compared to that, though, it seems grossly overpriced. You’re getting Bluetooth functionality and likely exceptional sound, but if it’s anything like their line of headphones you should definitely be able to find better quality for better value elsewhere.
We can’t pass judgment just yet, though, so don’t count it out. Tucked away in the press release was a note that the HTC Vivid would be receiving Beats by Dre functionality and profiles as well as a new Sense experience through a forthcoming upgrade to Android 4.0.
Furthermore, they mentioned that this upgrade would be on its way “in the coming weeks.” The coming weeks could even be a couple of months from now – I’ve heard many “in the coming weeks” time frames transgress a period of months – so don’t get your hopes up too soon. Read on for full press details.
Music The Way The Artist Intended, Beats By Dr. Dre Beatbox Available Exclusively From AT&T March 11
Latest Beats Product Offers AT&T Customers the Ultimate Experience in Sound Quality
Dallas, Texas, March 05, 2012
- AT&T customers will soon be able to enjoy their favorite music wherever they are when the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ Beatbox Portable high performance wireless audio system arrives in white and black, exclusively from AT&T* at company-owned stores or online at www.att.com beginning March 11 for $399.00.
- Beats By Dr. Dre offers rich, full sounds with professional-grade sound engineering to play the music how the artist intended with a distortion-free sound at higher volume and real bass at all levels.
- The Beatbox will be featured on AMERICAN IDOL Wednesday March 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX when mentor and Beats By Dr. Dre co-founder Jimmy Iovine incorporates the high performance wireless audio system into his coaching sessions with the finalists.
- AT&T recently announced the HTC One X™ with Beats By Dr. Dre Audio™ integration letting customers experience rich, full sounds with professional-grade sound engineering in videos, gaming and music.
- In the coming weeks, HTC Vivid™ customers will be able to enjoy the optimized audio experience through an upcoming software update that will provide Android 4.0, an updated HTC Sense™ experience and Beats By Dr. Dre Audio profiles.
- Authentic Sound On-The-Go
The Beats By Dr. Dre Beatbox lets customers take the power of Beats wherever they go and features:
- Portable inputs that provide a built-in Dock Connector for smartphones or portable music players, plus Bluetooth™ wireless.
- Full-featured remote with On/Off, Volume, Mute, Scan and Skip buttons.
- Easy-carry handles on both sides.
- The ability to operate on either 6 D-cell batteries or a computer power supply.
- A 5.25 inch woofer and 3.5 MM input for other sources.
In addition to the Beats By Dr. Dre Beatbox, AT&T will begin carrying the following Beats accessories in-store and online beginning March 11:
- Wireless HD Stereo Bluetooth Headphones, $280 – Engineered by Monster® with a built-in microphone and control buttons on the ear cups for hands-free mobile calling and track and volume control.
- Beats™ Solo™ HD Headphones, $200 – Feature high definition sound, proprietary titanium coated driver technology and a comfortable, lightweight design that is ideal for active lifestyles.
- UR Beats™ In-ear Headphones, $99 – Includes the signature Beats experience in a sleek, compact design. Solid metal housing resists vibrations for the purest sound without sonic side effects, while ControlTalk makes hands-free calling and music control possible.
“As more customers begin to use their smartphone as their primary portable music device, it becomes more important for them to be able to enjoy premium sound quality no matter where they are,” said Michael Cowan, director, product marketing management – Accessories, AT&T Mobility. “The Beats by Dr. Dre Beatbox gives consumers an opportunity to experience their music in its purest form without sacrificing quality for portability.”
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AMERICAN IDOL ®/© 19 TV Ltd & FremantleMedia North America, Inc. Licensed by FremantleMedia Enterprises. www.americanidol.com © 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All Rights Reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or affiliated companies.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the HTC Vivid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Vivid