As we keep waiting for manufacturers to update our devices, Samsung’s Israeli division has brought a little light to our darkness. The company has posted, on its official Facebook page, that Galaxy S II users would be getting an Ice Cream Sandwich update come March 15th.
The Android 4.0 upgrade is said to come to both carrier-locked and SIM-free versions. This is leading us to believe that there is a slight possibility that the update could be coming to the international version soon, as well. Details about the matter are scarce, though.
Regardless, this probably means that other countries will get it soon, as well. Except for the US, which has carrier-specific Galaxy S II versions. The process should take a bit longer for American Galaxy S II devices. Let’s just stay tuned and wait until we hear more about this. You can be sure that we will be here to tell you about it.
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II