While Mobile World Congress is a forward-looking showcase of the technology that will define the future of the mobile industry, the GSMA — the company which produces the event — also takes time each February to honor last year’s biggest successes. The winners of the 17th annual Global Mobile Awards have been announced, and some of Android’s biggest players have been given a nod.
Taking home smartphone of the year was the Samsung Galaxy S II, while Samsung was named mobile device manufacturer of the year. Google Maps was named Best Consumer Mobile Service, while the title of Most Innovative Mobile App was given to SwiftKey. Unfortunately, no Android tablets make the list. The iPad 2 took the honors. Looks like Google and company still have some work to do in that area.
Check out the source link below for the full list of winners.
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II