Andy Rubin has been walking around Mobile World Congress 2012, and while we haven’t seen him, we HAVE seen his post on Google+ regarding Android’s most recent numbers.
Yes, you squinted and read that right:
- 850,000 Android phones and tablets are activated each day
- There are 300 Million Android Phones in the wild
- There are 450,000 Android Apps on Android Market
That’s some pretty impressive stuff. It sounds outrageous, and if you take a walk around MWC 2012, it’s hard to find an area that doesn’t involve or promote Android in some way, shape, or form.
Onward and upward (and downward)!
- 4 new LG phones
- Sony to pass on MWC presser
- Samsung begins sending March 1st press invite
- HTC One M9 pictures leaked