After 15 betas, the popular Ice Cream Sandwich homescreen replacement, Nova Launcher, has successfully made its way to version 1.0 and is now officially available to everyone in the Android Market. Highly customizable with a focus on performance, Nova Launcher provides users with that stock Android 4.0 feel, while giving them all the extra features they crave in a launcher replacement. The free version of Nova Launcher includes all the standard features you should need.
- Custom Grid – Configure the rows and columns to fit all your app and widget needs.
- Scrollable Dock – Keep all your favorite apps on the dock, with up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
- Scroll Effects – Enjoy eye candy when scrolling your desktop and drawer. Effects include Cube and Cardstack and more for Prime users.
- Infinite Scroll – Never be far from your favorite page, loop through your desktop continuously.
- Folder Icons – You can chose a background, preview style or even replace the whole icon.
- Backup/Restore – Export your settings and layout before a wipe to quickly get back up and running.
- Custom Icons – Change the icons of app shortcuts on your desktop to images from ADW Icon packs or from your Gallery
Nova Launcher 1.0 also brings with it a paid premium version dubbed “Nova Launcher Prime,” that unlocks extra features inside Nova Launcher.
Nova Launcher Prime
- Gestures – Quickly start Nova Actions or Apps from gestures on the desktop, such as pinching, swiping or two-finger swiping.
- Hide Apps – Keep a clutter free drawer by hiding never used apps.
- Dock Swipes – Get more use out of your dock apps by setting swipe-actions
- Additional Scroll Effects
- Nova Launcher 3.2 update adds Lollipop icons and animations
- Nova Launcher update adds app drawer animations, app search
- Nova Launcher Beta adds Android L goodies
- Nova Launcher 3.0 Beta begins