Android 4.0 is finally rolling out to the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, but it still won’t be available in most parts of the world right away. A post went up on ASUS’ Facebook page informing users that the over-the-air update that brings Ice Cream Sandwich to the Transformer and raises its firmware version to 126.96.36.199 has now begun in Taiwan. ASUS recently informed customers that the update to the original Transformer would be delayed until as late as March, and while that still may be the case for some regions the manufacturer managed to hit their initial release window of February as announced back at CES.
UPDATE: It looks like ASUS has confirmed via their Twitter that the update will begin rolling out for US residents tomorrow!
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer