Just as LG’s first dual-core handset denoted its power with the Optimus 2X name, so will the manufacturer’s first quad-core phone, PocketNow reports. The phone rumored as the LG X3, which is said to feature a 4.7-inch 720p display, will honor the four magnitudes of power provided by its Tegra 3 processor when it launches as the LG Optimus 4X HD. The name seems like a no-brainer when taking LG’s previous releases into account.
References to a T-Mobile G4X have recently been spotted, suggesting that the sequel to the Optimus 2X will also make its way to that network. The T-Mobile G2X was the carrier’s branding for last year’s model.
LG has been busy announcing a few of their handsets, including the Optimus 3D Max and Optimus 3D Cube, ahead of Mobile World Congress, but we suspect they will keep their biggest new addition under cover until their press conference in Barcelona this Sunday.
- Jelly Bean ready for LG Optimus 4X HD, L7, L9
- LG Optimus 4X HD set for European launch this
- LG touts “unobtrusive and simple”
- White LG Optimus 4X HD gets handled in the wi
- Check out the LG X3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the LG Optimus 4X HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.