Last month Moneto revealed plans to bring their NFC-enabled microSD card payment system to Android phones. Now the first compatible cards are available for purchase. There is a catch, however. While the Moneto system is technically capable of working with nearly any Android handset with a microSD card slot, the initial rollout is only compatible with a few devices in Samsung’s Galaxy S line, including the Vibrant, Fascinate, and Galaxy S 4G.
The price to pay to bring a world of contactless payments to your palm is $30. Moneto is promising support for 40 more Android devices very soon, so those without a Galaxy S but still wishing to join the mobile payment revolution shouldn’t have to wait too much longer.
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Google Wallet spreads online
- ASUS 7-day battery smartwatch
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Vibrant forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.