Yesterday, we reported that a leaked Android 4.0 ROM had been successfully modded to boot with the Samsung Epic 4G Touch. While the ROM is not completely working, it is a great way to see how Android 4.0 and Touchwiz will feel once the official update is released. But it has just gotten a bit better, with a more recent leak being available for download.
This one is version FB17 (while yesterday’s was FB09), and it should bring some improvements. It is still not completely functional, though. So be careful, do your reading, and remember the typical disclaimer (you could harm your device and void your warranty, and if something happens, no one is responsible for it).
The process is the same, the ROM has to be flashed via Odin. The full instructions and files are at ACSyndicate, so go check it out! There are also two videos available. The first will give you step-by-step instructions, while the second is a review.
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Jelly Bean update now available for Samsung E
- Samsung pushing fix for Exynos exploit, T-Mob
- Major security flaw discovered in latest Exyn
- Check out the Samsung Epic 4G Touch forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.