You’d better believe that Samsung is working on the upgrade to Android 4.0 for their flagship smartphones. It seems like we can’t go a week without seeing new Android 4.0 ROMs leaked for the device and we have another one today for two variants.
The international I9100 version has gotten build I9100XXLPH, a step up from the I9100XXLPB build that came before it. It appears that both speed and battery life have been improved here.
The other phone is the Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Sprint’s 4.5 inch variant. Build FB09 has been leaked and is already deodex’d and pre-rooted. Apprach the ROM with caution as ACS head chef ShabbyPenguin has had trouble booting past the kernel screen.
He provides a possible fix but be careful regardless. Make backups and all that jazz before proceeding and remember that no one is responsible for what happens to your phone but yourself. Get going! [I9100 Leak via PocketNow, E4GT Leak (thanks, Alex!)]
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 get Jell
- Jelly Bean update now available for Samsung E
- Check out the Samsung Epic 4G Touch forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.