HTC could be rethinking their entire device naming scheme, choosing to go with the name/modifier motif deployed by other manufacturers such as Samsung and LG. Yesterday we learned that the HTC Endeavor could launch as the HTC One X, and new sources claim there will be an HTC One S and HTC One V at Mobile World Congress as well. The One S is said to be the device leaked as the HTC Ville, while the One V will be a 3.7-inch handset not unlike an HTC Rhyme with Beats Audio and Android 4.0. As was suggested previously, the letter designation is said to appear as a superscript to the ‘One.’
It sounds like HTC is trying to conjure up their own version of “Galaxy” or “Optimus,” which means we could still see these phones under other names on specific carriers, especially in the US. A push towards simplifying naming procedures should not only help unify HTC’s Android lineup.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the HTC Ville forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Endeavor, HTC One S, HTC One V, HTC One X, HTC Ville