HTC could be rethinking their entire device naming scheme, choosing to go with the name/modifier motif deployed by other manufacturers such as Samsung and LG. Yesterday we learned that the HTC Endeavor could launch as the HTC One X, and new sources claim there will be an HTC One S and HTC One V at Mobile World Congress as well. The One S is said to be the device leaked as the HTC Ville, while the One V will be a 3.7-inch handset not unlike an HTC Rhyme with Beats Audio and Android 4.0. As was suggested previously, the letter designation is said to appear as a superscript to the ‘One.’
It sounds like HTC is trying to conjure up their own version of “Galaxy” or “Optimus,” which means we could still see these phones under other names on specific carriers, especially in the US. A push towards simplifying naming procedures should not only help unify HTC’s Android lineup.
- HTC USA promises to support new flagships wit
- AT&T HTC One X+ Android 4.2.2 update lan
- HTC One X and HTC One X+ will no longer recei
- [Discussion] The best looking Android phones
- Check out the HTC Ville forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.