Music enthusiasts have probably heard of Poweramp before. If not, it is about time you check it out. It is arguably one of the best music players in the Android Market, offering features like full EQ settings, lyrics support and stereo “eXpansion.” But today, this app has just gotten a bit better, with its latest update to version 4.0.5.
This update is quite significant, and should get many of you music lovers quite excited. Here are the newest features to Poweramp:
- build-480: ICS lock screen support
- build-480: Android 3.0+ notification controls
- build-480: Chinese translation (beta, big thanks to i-Free Company)
- build-478: Japanese translation (big thanks to “sunatomo”)
- build-477: fixed issue with installation on Android 3.0
- build-477: Polish translation (thanks to Blazej Jezewski)
- HTC Beats/SRS support
- enabled DSP features are now displayed under equalizer curve
- Poweramp now reshuffles list on repeat
- fixed few ICS-related Poweramp issues
- multichannel FLACs
- option to search for album art based on just title/filename
- Korean translation (big thanks to David Cho)
- few other bug fixes and stability improvements
As one can see, the main features include ICS lock screen support, Android 3.0+ notification controls and HTC Beats support. As well as all the other bug fixes and small alterations.
Go ahead and hit the Android Market to get your update. And if you haven’t tried this music player yet, you should definitely consider it.