Looks like Nvidia is getting ready for another quad-core industry “first” when they introduce the world’s first Tegra 3 powered smartphones at this year’s Mobile World Congress. The press invite they sent to media outlets revealed in an image of a strapping young gentleman completely enthralled with his smartphone (generic device used) instead of the high speed roller coaster (or uber hot young lass sitting beside him).
It will be interesting to see which Android OEM’s make the move to Nvidia’s Tegra 3 platform seeing how the majority of devices in 2011 adopted dual-core processors manufactured by either Qualcomm or Texas Instruments. Rumors point to HTC making that transition with their upcoming HTC Edge flagship but nothing has been confirmed.
One thing is certain, Phandroid will be on-hand as we travel to Barcelona for MWC 2012, bringing you the very latest on all things Android from one of the year’s biggest events. You guys as pumped as I am?
- More HTC One X images and specs surface ahead
- HTC Sensation gets Android 4.0 port from HTC
- More HTC One X Details Revealed – Super
- HTC Endeavor could launch as HTC One X
- Check out the HTC Edge forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Edge