What’s old is new again. At least that’s what LG would have you believe after teasing the upcoming LG Optimus Vu, a brand new 5-inch device with a 4:3 aspect ratio. The Optimus Vu breaks away from the now standard 16:9 mold of tall and skinny devices, instead offering a smartphone that looks something like a tiny iPad at first glance.
Details on the device are scarce with nothing but a brief video showing off some of the device’s curves. I’m sure we’ll see more at MWC later this month but in the meantime, what do you guys think? Is there any appeal in a 4:3, 5-inch Android device? Personally, I’ve found 16:9 devices to be almost completely useless in landscape mode so this device has me intrigued. But then again, maybe I’m being overly optimistic?
- LG teases lineup for Mobile World Congress
- LG Intuition for Verizon officially announced
- Verizon LG Intuition press shots leaked, look
- LG Optimus Vu will be branded LG Intuition on
- Check out the LG Optimus Vu forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Optimus Vu