Korea’s Electronic Times News is adding to the speculation surrounding the Samsung Galaxy S III, citing unnamed sources in a report claiming the phone will measure in at just 7mm thick and launch in May. The new flagship device is said to house an 8MP rear camera and 2MP front-facing camera, a Super AMOLED Plus display, and Android 4.0. Previous rumors have suggested the phone will launch with a quad-core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and 4G LTE. If the latest news is true, all of this power would be packed into a frame measuring about 1.5mm thinner than last year’s Galaxy S II. A potential launch date for the phone has been hard to pin down, but May would be in line with the timeline established by earlier releases in the Galaxy S line and seems even more likely with news that the phone’s announcement will not occur at Mobile World Congress.
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- 14 Galaxies to get KitKat
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S III forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.