Remember when AT&T promised a Gingerbread update would reach the Samsung Infuse 4G by the end of August? It seems like a cruel joke looking back, but it appears the long-awaited software upgrade is finally ready to roll. We were tipped off to the possibility yesterday and, sure enough, AT&T has made it official as of today. The update is not being pushed over-the-air — users will need to download the latest version of Samsung’s Kies Mini to sideload Android 2.3.6 onto their device. Aside from the prerequisite changes one might expect with a move to Gingerbread, users can expect to see an improved TouchWiz keyboard, some new widgets, and a few new display font options. The full changelog can be found at the AT&T link below as well as instructions on how how to complete the update. Infuse owners should take the opportunity to enjoy the new software. You never know if Ice Cream Sandwich will make it to the device, let alone how long that wait could be.
- Samsung Infuse 4G users, Android 2.3.6 is rea
- Samsung, AT&T halt Gingerbread update fo
- Samsung Infuse 4G Receives Maintenance Update
- AT&T: Samsung Infuse 4G Will Receive Gin
- Check out the Samsung Infuse 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Infuse 4G