MoDaCo’s esteemed founder Paul O’Brien has apparently heard it from ASUS that they will be showing off the Padfone at Mobile World Congress. To be exact, February 27th is the date we should be circling.
The Padfone, as you might have guessed, is a combination of a smartphone and a tablet dock. The dock would just house things such as speakers, the display, an extra battery and your standard set of buttons, but the power comes from the phone.
The phone is said to be running Android 4.0 for both the phone and tablet side of things and will have a quad-core Tegra 3 processor. Another great feature is its ability to use the original Transformer’s keyboard dock. You pretty much have yourself a smartphone, a tablet and a netbook, all in one – is there some sort of award for ASUS having the first three-way hybrid?
We know we’re excited to see what the final results will be so circle back to Phandroid throughout Mobile World Congress as we’ll be covering it all live. [via Android and Me]
- ASUS updating Padfone to Android 4.0.4, inclu
- Rumors of the week: Nexus Tablet confirmed by
- ASUS Padfone now available in the US for $860
- ASUS Padfone now available in Australia, pric
- Check out the ASUS Padfone forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Asus Padfone