The Sony Xperia S has made the prerequisite visit to the FCC en route to release and had all sorts of connectivity in two. The handset’s quad-band GMS/EDGE radio was put through its paces on the 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS bands along with HSPA, RFID, Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and GPS. We also can’t forget ANT+ connectivity for fitness tracking devices such as heart rate monitors. You’ll notice the broad swath of radio waves covered includes bands compatible with both AT&T and T-Mobile though there are no plans for an official US release at this time. AT&T will get the very similar Xperia Ion. The government committee’s approval nonetheless is an important step towards the release of handset.
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Check out the Sony Xperia S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia S