Industry insider Eldar Murtazin claims to have gotten his hands on the Samsung Galaxy S III and hasn’t been shy about dishing on his new handset, taking to Twitter to offer confirmation of previous rumors and to throw a few new ones into the pot. The Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone is likely a month out from its official unveiling at Mobile World Congress, but in the mean time Murtazin tells us the device will feature an HD display and 12MP camera in addition to its quad-core chipset clocked somewhere in the range of 1.5GHz to 1.6GHz. It’s hard to imagine the next Android flagship from Samsung would feature less — the hardware specs seem almost standard for the next generation of Android superphone. Perhaps the most revealing bit of information Murtazin provided was a potential April release. That timeframe would most likely apply to the international version of the phone only. Unless Samsung breaks from tradition, US versions of the device won’t come until several months later.
- Samsung announces sale of over 10 million Gal
- Red Samsung Galaxy S III coming to AT&T
- Warning to our Indian readers: be wary of Fli
- Latest Verizon MAP list shows Incredible 4G L
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S III forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S III