Sony is set to launch their Xperia Ion on AT&T in a few weeks and at least one third-party retailer is already offering the unlocked, SIM-free version of the phone for pre-sale. Listed at price of $569.50 at Negri Electronics, purchasing the handset for a US network other than AT&T won’t be very fruitful — the Ion can technically connect to T-Mobile’s network but is limited to EDGE connectivity. Users in Asia and Europe may have a bit more luck with the handset’s 3G/HSPA support, as the listing details compatibility with the 2100MHz band.
For more info on the Xperia Ion, check out our hands-on from CES. We compare it side-by-side with its Xperia S counterpart. We also compared the Ion’s quick camera functionalities to those of the Galaxy Nexus. The results may surprise you.
[via Android Central]
- Samsung Galaxy S6 user manual leaked
- Google Search gets cocktail recipe
- More Samsung devices get Lollipop
- Oppo R1 x going worldwide
- Check out the Sony Xperia Ion forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Ion