Huawei’s announcement of the uber-thin Ascend P1 S at CES wasn’t a fluke, according to remarks by device chairman Richard Yu. Speaking to TWICE, Wu revealed that Huawei will be introducing a “Diamond” series of smartphones at Mobile World Congress, devices that will surpass the hardware power of the Ascend P1 S. The news comes as the manufacturer best known for budget-priced handsets aimed at the international market begins to shift its focus towards competing head-to-head with the big boys. This means strapping on the big boy pants, and Huawei is already one leg in after their showing at CES. Will the new handsets be thinner than the P1 S? It’s a possibility, but a focus on more powerful hardware might see the Diamond devices go in a different direction. Could quad-core processing be in Huawei’s future?
- Huawei to reclaim world’s thinnest smar
- Sorry, Huawei – The Oppo Finder Is Now
- Ultra-thin Huawei Ascend P1 S headed to China
- Huawei Ascend P1/S Hands-On and Impressions [
- Check out the Huawei Ascend P1 S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Huawei Ascend P1 S