Is it a landmine? A taser? Or both? Say hello to the latest in a line of rugged smartphones from Casio, the official G-Shock smartphone. Featuring looks that only a mother could love, the G-Shock phone mirrors heavily Casio’s successful line of durable wrist watches. Gone are the usual set of Android capacitive buttons along the bottom instead, replaced by physical buttons around the perimeter of the device. You know — on its… muscles.
Like a G-Shock watch on steroids, Casio’s upcoming device incorporates the usual sets of weather resistance you would expect from a device this pumped up, featuring:
- Shock resistant to 10 feet
- Water resistant to 1.0 bar (10m)
- Pressure resistant to 1.0 bar
- Metal case back
- Plastic/resin construction
- Testosterone. Lots of testosterone (may be subject to change)
I never thought I’d say this but — the G’zOne Commando actually looks pretty timid after viewing this beast. Still no word on carrier, pricing 0r availability (or the type of ammo the G-Shock phone will using) but we’ll keep you guys posted.
I know there’s gotta be a few of you out there that like the handsome good looks of this device. Speak up in comments!
- Samsung announces Galaxy Tab A in 8 or 9.7-inch models
- Sony's new Sound Bars and A/V receivers feature Google Cast
- Sony 4K Ultra HDTV 2015 lineup available in May
- Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge ditches Samsung branding in Japan
TAGS: Casio G-Shock Phone