After a glorious 4-day weekend, I am officially back, everyone! You know what that means? Well, besides someone to cover the wee night hours, it also means the return of the world famous Android Overload. These are all the stories that passed by our desks from throughout the day but for one reason or another, didn’t make it onto our front page. No worries though. We like to keep our readers well informed on every bit of Android related news so feel free to snack on the links below before you hit the hay. Night!
- Halfbrick’s Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots is now available in the Android Market after a week of exclusivity in Amazon’s App Store.
- The myTouch Slide 4G is among the latest to receive an unofficial Android 4.0 ROM.
- Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam will no longer participate in a CES keynote panel due to scheduling issues. Verizon may send another representative in his place. [Reuters]
- Twitter for Android updated to version 3.0.1. Only bug fixes. [Market Link]
- Angry Birds sees record downloads. 6.5 million over Christmas weekend. [AllThingsD]
- Shop Savvy updated in the Android Market. Adds new “Wallet” feature for online buys. [Market Link]
- Google Earth updated with support for Tegra 2 tablets. [Market Link]
- Java vs Android trial set for March. [CourthouseNews]
- Barnes & Noble sells off publishing unit. Focuses on Nook. [WSJ]
- Samsung EPIC 4G receives working 4G on CM7 ROM. [XDA]
- MetroPCS partners with Mobile Content Venture to offer live TV on the go. [Engadget]