The folks at BGR have just gotten word that AT&T is gearing up to announce and launch a new 4G LTE tablet on January 8th. It’s allegedly being called the Pantech Element and will have an 8 inch display, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 16GB of internal storage, a 5 megapixel 1080p rear camera and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera.
Minimal water resistance and a Piezo Motor for haptic feedback are also part of its arsenal. Unfortunately there’s no Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box but we can’t imagine it won’t be upgraded in due time.
You’ll have to live with 3.2 Honeycomb for now. It’s said to be $300 on-contract (two-years) which isn’t too bad of an asking price, especially considering what some other tablets are going for on-contract. Names certainly will not be named in that regard. Anywho, let’s hope to see this one on display at CES.
- Pantech Burst and Pantech Element get Ice Cre
- Pantech Element Tablet Now Available at AT
- Android Forums Galore: CES Brings Us 18 New D
- AT&T Announces a Flurry of New Products
- Check out the Pantech Element forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Pantech Element