Just as promised, the HTC EVO View 4G — Sprint’s version of the HTC Flyer — is receiving it’s Honeycomb OTA update (software version 2.23.651.1), finally pushing the tablet up to the more “evolved” version of the Android OS optimized just for tablets. Even little tablets. The 217MB update brings about a number of fixes and all the enhancements from Android 3.2 such as:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode
The OTA is rolling out now but if you don’t feel like twiddling your thumbs for the notification, you can get your hands sticky right now by manually checking for the update. All you have to do is jump into your Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update > Check Now.
The Evo View 4G has turned up in a number of online “fire sales” and I’m curious to see how the device performs once updated to 3.2. If any of our readers are current Evo View 4G owners, make sure to let us know in the comments. Who knows, I might just pick one up.
- HTC concedes defeat in US tablet space; Samsu
- HTC EVO View 4G joins EVO 4G on Sprint ‘
- HTCDev.com Adds Unlock Support for T-Mobile M
- HTC Evo View 4G and Mytouch 4G Slide Now Offi
- Check out the HTC EVO View 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO View 4G