What’s better than a $200 tablet? A $200 tablet with Honeycomb. ARCHOS has unveiled their latest budget-priced tablet, the 70b Internet Tablet, a slate featuring a 1.2GHz processor, 1024 x 600 7-inch capacitive display, 8GB of storage, and 512MB of RAM. The ARCHOS 70b also sports WiFi connectivity, HDMI output, and expandable microSD memory. The tablet’s hardware is complimented by Android 3.2 and full access to the Android Market.
Move over Amazon Kindle Fire? It’s unlikely the price alone will be enough to sway general buyers away from the deep Amazon integration of the Kindle Fire, but at $199 the ARCHOS 70b offers a welcome alternative for those looking for a more traditional Android experience. The slate should launch in January and will be on display at CES.
DENVER, CO – (December 20, 2011) – ARCHOS, an award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, announced today the upcoming availability of the first android 3.2 ”Honeycomb” tablet under $200, the ARCHOS 70b internet tablet. The new ARCHOS 70b IT is an enhanced version of the ARCHOS 70 IT Gen 8 that features an upgraded capacitive touch screen and a powerful processor at 1.2 GHz.
The ARCHOS 70b internet tablet runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb, Google’s full suite of mobile applications with Android Market, giving users access to over 250,000 applications such as games, books, social media and news. With Honeycomb, users will have faster and smoother transitions between different applications, and more intuitive navigation to and from home screens.
Very slim and light, the newest version of the ARCHOS 70 internet tablet Gen 8, offers the best performances in terms of portability, immediate internet access, multimedia, apps and affordability. This new version has a higher resolution capacitive screen (1024 x 600) for vibrant colors and crisp clarity and has doubled the RAM to 512 MB for a smoother web experience and more efficient multi-tasking.
This connected mobile device with a sublime user interface, 3D Graphics accelerator and Wi-Fi connectivity, also comes with a full pack of connected apps such as a web browser and email application, HDMI output and Micro SD connectivity.
With this enhanced Android tablet, users will benefit from:
• An affordable price starting at $199 for 8GB
• Smoother multi-tasking and faster web experience thanks to the upgraded RAM
• Brighter colors with a high resolution capacitive screen
• Android 3.2 Honeycomb, the Android version designed for a tablet
• Access to a full array of apps with the Android Market and its 250,000 apps such as news, eMagazines, eBooks, social media, games and more
• A full multimedia experience with upgraded multimedia ARCHOS apps for video and music
• HDMI output, giving users full access to their Android experience on their TV including all the pre-loaded apps, video playback, 3D games, photos and all the Android Market apps
Availability & Price:
The ARCHOS 70b internet tablet will be available in stores starting in January with the recommended retail price of $199.
- ARCHOS Home Connect, ARCHOS 70b and Next Gene
- Mobile Roar Podcast 85
- Google My Maps comes to Maps
- Amazon Prime Now comes to Dallas