With one Android 4.0 device already in their lineup, Bell is looking to to upgrade a handful of their top tier devices to Ice Cream Sandwich. The eventual roll out of the new OS ultimately will be dictated by the speed at which manufacturers can get an update prepared, but Bell is already looking at some rough estimates of when to expect the latest version of Android.
The HTC Sensation is on track for a February 2012 bump up to Android 4.0, while the HTC Raider looks to get its own a month later in March. The Samsung Galaxy S II is targeted for April of next year. An update is in the pipeline for the LG Optimus LTE, but there isn’t any timeframe for that particular handset. The forecasts seem to give manufacturers and Bell more than enough time to work out any kinks in the upgrade process, but we’ve all seen the delays in the past. Either way, the updates are still a way off. I’m sure many would like to see them sooner.
- LG Singapore confirms ICS upgrades for Optimu
- TELUS updates list of devices soon to get And
- Korean LG Optimus LTE now getting Android 4.0
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Sensation forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.