A couple of weeks back we learned that Verizon and Motorola had a new security update in testing for the original Motorola Droid, and this morning we are hearing the first reports of the update arriving on users’ handsets. The new software (build number FRK76) brings the Droid’s Android version to 2.2.3 and deals with handling “rogue/unauthorized certificates” through the default web browser. Users won’t notice any changes in functionality or appearance.
[via Verizon | Thanks, Daniel!]
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- Latest Bugless Beast Build Brings Android 2.3
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid