Amazon has made available the 6.2 update for the Kindle Fire today via their site. While no specific changelog was given, users who have already downloaded and applied the update have been reporting more responsive buttons and all around smoother UI. Oh yeah, and if you’re rooted, the update will in fact remove root from the device but getting it back is just as easy using the SuperOneClick method you used to root it the first time. Hit the Amazon download link here for full instructions on how to apply the update and let us know if you guys notice any other changes. Cheers.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Amazon Kindle Fire