Every single day from November 24th through December 25th we’re giving away a Kindle Fire from Amazon.com along with a ton of other amazing goodies. Our prize pouch is Mary Poppins deep: 31 Kindle Fires, 10 Galaxy Nexus, 10 Galaxy Tabs, 4 NVIDIA powered tablets, and a bunch of phones and accessories that even Santa would envy.
We’ll explain the rules in detail below, but here are the basics:
- Every day between November 24th and December 25th, we’ll make a new contest post on Phandroid
- The post could come AT ANY TIME during the day/night
- Some of the contests will be SPEED related (ex: first person to comment with the correct answer to a trivia question wins)
- Other contests will be creative (ex: write a haiku about the Galaxy Nexus, our favorite wins)
- There is only ONE winner each day… and that winner will get an epic prize pack that includes a Kindle Fire and other goodies from our awesome sponsors
Now… let’s talk about the amazing prizes up for grabs, made possible by the coolest sponsors on the planet.
Amazon Kindle Fire (Quantity: 31 – one each day!)
The Kindle Fire could be this holiday’s hottest product: at only $199 it’s not only one of the most affordable Android tablets, it’s also one of the best. That’s a killer combination. With a beautiful UI, great battery life, carefully curated apps/games, and an amazing array of media options thanks to Amazon’s Digital Content Ecosystem… the Kindle Fire is a sure win. Good luck winning one in our contest, but at only $199 it’s probably worth buying one just in case!
Galaxy Nexus (Quantity: 10)
HUGE props to Nikolay Ananiev, the developer of an app called Tiny Flashlight + LED, who donated 10 Samsung Galaxy Nexus for giveaway. His app has OVER 10 MILLION downloads and Nikolay contacted us asking for ways he could give back to the community as a way to say “thanks”. I’d say this is a success – gotta love that Android community spirit! Not to mention, Tiny Flashlight + LED is hands-down the best Flashlight app for Android. Download Tiny Flashlight, give it 5-stars of awesomeness, and check out Nikolay’s other great apps/games as well: Bebbled and Tiny Compass.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Quantity: 10)
Everyone seems to be craving Samsung Android devices these days, and for good reason. Samsung makes some of the best hardware out there, coupled with great software integration, and the Galaxy Nexus (above) and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus are two great examples of Samsung’s industry leading products. These devices were sponsored directly by Samsung, thanking our readers and forum members for their excitement, interest, and support over the past year. With a 7-inch screen, 1.2GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM, MicroSD slot, camera that records in 720p HD, and screen that displays in 1080p HD, the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus is a high end alternative to the Kindle Fire… and you can win BOTH in our contest!
NVIDIA Powered Android Tablets(Quantity: 4)
I can’t say enough good things about our friends at NVIDIA who have donated a Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Sony Tablet S, and ASUS Eee Pad Slider for giveaway in this contest. NVIDIA helps companies like Samsung create cutting edge devices by providing a powerful processor that help optimize graphics, stability, battery life, and overall performance. Use a dual-core Android device powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 processor, play a game from TegraZone that’s optimized for dual-core, and you’ll recognize the power and beauty of NVIDIA-based devices. Stay tuned for Tegra 3 devices, which are the first QUAD-CORE Android devices, launching in late December. The first will be the ASUS Transformer Prime tablet… but there will be many phones and tablets to follow, and trust me when I say you WILL and SHOULD want one. Or many.
JAMBOX (Quantity: 10)
Ever wanted a small, portable speaker that plays music LOUD and CLEAR and isn’t a pain to setup? Let me introduce you to the Jawbone JAMBOX speaker. This bad boy packs a powerful bunch an extremely small frame, easily connects to your Android device via Bluetooth, and is an absolute pleasure to use. Bluetooth means you can stream not only music, but also games, apps, phone conversations, movies, and any other audio playing on your device! It also means no cords! Put it on your desk. Carry it to the kitchen. Bring it to the basketball court. Take it to your friend’s party. The Jawbone JAMBOX is a music lover’s dream device.
Isotoner SmarTouch Gloves (Quantity: 31)
Every single holiday season these SmarTouch smartphone gloves are consistently one of my favorite gift giving items. They eloquently solve one of the most fundamental problems a tech lover faces: using your device in cold weather. Wearing gloves usually prevents your touchscreen from working: take your phone out, take your glove off, use your phone, hand gets gold, shove phone in pocket, rush to get glove on. NO MORE! Isotoner’s SmarTouch gloves, designed in my colors and sizes for both men and women, has technology that passes the electrons your body gives off, through the gloves, onto the capacitive screen and allowing it to work. VOILA! Seriously. It works. Trust me. Try it… and you’ll love them forever.
Seidio $30 Voucher (Quantity: 31)
With so much smartphone use comes battery drain. Thankfully, Seidio makes some awesome extended batteries that fit many smartphones, allowing you to get longer battery life with the same device. No more toting around a charger everywhere you go: just snag a Seidio and call it a day! Seidio also makes cases, holsters, and other great accessories for your smartphones.
Andy Robot T-Shirts (Quantity: 17)
True Android enthusiasts and tech lovers enjoy expressing their Android attitude and there is no better way to do so then with an Android Robot T-Shirt from the brilliant folks at iSteamAndy. They’ve created a series of artistic, creative Android Robot themed T-shirts with fun, rich imagery. They sell like hotcakes and have limited production runs so get each design while you still can. Some of their top designs (and ones we’re giving away) include: Dark Night Andy, iSteam Andy, Flying Andy, Exploded Andy, Andy Verus, and Unstoppable Andy.
Radio Shack Phones (Quantity: 3)
The folks at “The Shack” have, in the past couple years, have really solidified themselves as one of the best retailers for purchasing phones and gadgets. They’ve got amazing prices, knowledgable staff, an easy-to-navigate website, and overall have really performed well for their customers in this smartphone gadget boom. They sent us three phones to say “thanks” to our community: the HTC EVO Design 4G, Samsung Stratosphere, and Samsung Infuse 4G. Thanks for your contributions!
How Does The Contest Work?
Pay especially close attention to this section so you can give yourself the best chance of winning, make sure you’re eligible, and understand the rules!
- Every single day between (and including) November 24th and December 25th, we’ll post a new contest opportunity on Phandroid.com
- Each contest post can come AT ANY TIME during the day… so check Phandroid often and be prepared
- Many of the contests will require speed (1st to answer a question, or you only have 1 hour to enter) while others will require creativity and other entry methods. Each individual contest will have its specific rules on the daily contest post.
- There will ONLY be ONE winner each day who wins that day’s “prize pack”
- Each person can ONLY WIN ONCE during this contest timeframe
- Every daily contest (starting Nov. 25th) will include AT LEAST: 1 Kindle Fire, 1 pair of SmarTouch gloves, 1 $30 Seidio Voucher. The other prizes will be sprinkled throughout the 31 day timeframe. Each day’s contest post will identify what is being offered in that day’s prize pack.
- Must be 18+ to enter and win
- Must be a United States Resident with a United States Mailing Address to claim your prize. Foreign entries will be accepted and considered, but (1) shipping fees must be paid for by the winner, (2) devices tied to American carriers will be forfeited, (3) Phandroid reserves the right to deny international winners at our own discretion. If an international winner is selected/denied, we will select an alternate, eligible winner.
- Phandroid reserves the right to disqualify any entrants for any reasons including but not limited to: spamming, cheating, creating multiple accounts for the purpose of creating multiple entries, attempting to circumvent the rules, failing to meet the age requirement, failing to reach the residency and mailing address requirement.
- Phandroid will select and identify winners at our sole discretion
- Phandroid will make a reasonable attempt to contact each winner, but if a response is not received within 7 days, and Phandroid is unable to communicate with the winner, entrant will forfeit their winnings and another entrant will be named the winner
- Phandroid may update these rules/regulations at any time to address specific concerns or needs identified by Phandroid, which may be enforced retroactively
- Winners will be selected within 24 hours of each contests ending and will be contacted within 24 hours of being selected
- Winners should expect 7-10 days for processing and shipment from the time an actual and correct mailing address is provided and received by Phandroid staff
- There are 3 ways to enter and each entry method will have 1 winner.
- You can enter using all 3 methods but can only win once
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 Eastern on November 24th, 2011
- One winner will be randomly selected for each of the 3 entry methods (Twitter/Facebook/Google+)
- Follow us on Twitter and tweet “@phandroid #holidroid #contest” followed by a link to this contest and any other particularly nice things you want to say about us or Thanksgiving
- Like us on Facebook, share and comment on our post about the contest
- Circle us on Google+ and +1/share/comment on our post about the contest