If you were worried that Verizon might put all their usual software on the Galaxy Nexus – V Cast, VZ Navigator and the like – here is some news for you. Recent screenshots have suggested that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will come with two preinstalled applications. VZ Backup Assistant and My Verizon Mobile. Doesn’t seem too bad, right?
We imagine the applications won’t harm the first Verizon Nexus experience too much, and most rooters will likely get rid of it the moment they can. And even then, you can just hide it from your app tray in Android 4.0. Let’s just hope things don’t change by the time this actually makes it to retail, whenever that is. [via Droid-Life, thanks JDog!]
- Ubuntu Touch dropping support for Galaxy Nexu
- SMS exploit can remotely reboot Nexus handset
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Ubuntu Touch OS launching Oct. 17, ready for
- Check out the Galaxy Nexus forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Galaxy Nexus