This February in Barcelona, just like every year, will be the Mobile World Congress- one of the biggest industry events of the year. Last year at MWC, HTC unveiled a slew of Android devices including the HTC Flyer Tablet, seemingly a disappointment. This year it looks like HTC plans to vindicate last year’s lineup and then some by potentially announcing a quad-core Android tablet, Quad-core Android Phone, and one more Android device.
NVIDIA is the only chipset maker to produce a quad-core processor for mobile devices, so we’re obviously looking at Tegra 3, which is definitely something to be excited about. We’ve heard the names HTC Edge and HTC Ville thrown around in the recent past, so this latest speculation seems on point. The rumor also states the devices will launch prior to Windows 8 which means before 4th quarter. Do we really have to wait a full year?
We’ve got CES in January, MWC in February, and the Phandroid team will be at both. Stay tuned for details as they emerge!
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the HTC Edge forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Ville forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.