Many were wondering if the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE would make it to the states, and we now have the answer in the form of an early Monday press release from AT&T. The handset with a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display and 1.5GHz dual-core processor will come to the carrier as the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Other specs include an 8MP camera with 1080p video captures and 16GB of on-board storage.
The Skyrocket will go on sale November 6th and will be one of AT&T’s pricier models, $249.99 on a two-year contract. It’s no Samsung Galaxy Nexus in terms of software, but it does best that device in some areas. Screen technology is an upgrade (though lower resolution) and the clock speed of the processor is increased. See the announcement below for more info.
Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
Lightning fast reflexes powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and AT&T 4G LTE speeds make the Galaxy S II Skyrocket faster for Web browsing and all your favorite apps. A Super AMOLED Plus display spanning 4.5-inches is the brightest, most colorful screen on the market.
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display(800×480 pixels)
- Android Gingerbread (2.3.5)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, with 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video recording
- 16 GB of on-board memory, microSD expandable to an additional 32 GB
The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket will arrive in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online Nov. 6 for $249.99 with a two-year commitment.
- Huawei Watch announcement videos
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.