Verizon and Motorola have yet to make any official statements about a so-called Motorola XOOM 2, but it sure looks like we could be hearing about the new tablet soon. Actually, we should be hearing about two new XOOM models. Both a Motorola MZ609 and Motorola MZ617 have made an appearance in VZW’s computer system, the latter of which sporting 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB model designations. This version of the XOOM 2 looks to be the replacement for the original 10.1-inch slate, while the MZ609 will be a smaller “media edition” device featuring either 16GB or 32GB of storage. Both are listed as having 4G connectivity out of the box.
Of course, these are all version that will tied directly to Verizon’s network. We still haven’t heard much in the way of WiFi-only editions, though it seems likely based on past releases.
- Motorola DROID Xyboard, XOOM 2 WiFi, and XOOM
- Motorola provides update on Ice Cream Sandwic
- Rumor: Motorola XOOM 2 Pricing Revealed, Gala
- Verizon Roadmap Shows Nov. 21 for Galaxy Nexu
- Check out the Motorola XOOM 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Xoom 2