Aside from the usual Gingerbread goodies, The HTC Thunderbolt over-the-air update (rolling out now) had a few other Sense goodies bundled with it as well. As you can see from the above image, once the T-Bolt is nestled comfortably in its dock, the HTC activates an all new “Desk Mode” and viola — landscape Sense. This is a great surprise for those lucky Thunderbolt owners lucky enough to grab the official HTC dock from Verizon when it debuted back in June.
Desk Mode actually displays content a little different than when in portrait mode making Sense look a little more like a tablet UI. You may have noticed the transparent Friend Stream Widget and the Clock widget is now smaller and in the upper corner instead of smack in the middle of the screen.
While the new Desk Mode is only available while the device is docked, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before some ROM developers crack the feature to work sans dock.
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- HTC employee: “sorry about the Thunderb
- [Update] HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich u
- Pigs fly as Verizon readies Ice Cream Sandwic
- Check out the HTC Thunderbolt forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Thunderbolt