We reported earlier on a couple of updates headed to HTC devices on Sprint’s network, but as it turns out all handsets from the Taiwanese manufacturer are inline for an over-the-air patch. The new software tweak addresses privacy concerns raised when a security hole was uncovered earlier this month. HTC promised a quick fix, and it appears the first round it ready. This update is targeted at the HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC EVO Shift 4G and HTC Wildfire S. It’s rather small (>10MB) so you shouldn’t need worry about jacking into a WiFi network. More info can be found at Sprint’s support site (the link is found below).
- The EVO 3D saved someone’s life, so HTC
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- FreedomPop will give you free cellphone servi
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC EVO Shift 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.