I have some good news for all you ROM and flashing addicts out there. The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II has been successfully rooted and the process is almost scary easy. Now, I don’t think there are any custom/modified ROMs just yet but this should give GS2 users the ability to remove any and all pesky bloatware included on the device. Just to prove to you how non-difficult this is check out the directions:
1. Make sure windows recognizes your phone in ODIN.
—- adb reboot download
-or- Turn phone of, and hold both Vol up + Vol down, and plug the USB cable in.
2. Select the PDA button and browse to the recovery-cwm-hercules.tar
3. Select Start
4. It should flash the file to Recovery and reboot the phone.
5. After it has rebooted, mount USB storage and copy the Superuser zip to the sdcard
6 Reboot into recovery
— adb reboot recovery
-or- Power off phone, unplug USB, Hold Both Vol up + Vol down and Hit power
* PERFORM NANDROID BACKUP :D *
7. Select Install zip from sdcard, choose the superuser zip and let it finish.
Did you get all of that? For the download links on everything referenced in the directions, hit up the source link below and as always — BE CAREFUL. Good luck and godspeed!